Sub Header

9th Annual Art-a-Day Challenge, January 2017!

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Excitement!


     It's been a long time since I've spent time working on art just for fun! Most days it's bids and art work for other people and it's tough to get motivated. Because of my daughter's surgery I've had a scheduled break for part of December until the end of  January and am excited for this challenge! January 1st I spent four hours that went by lickity- split! I am continuing the decorative design/ insect concept I started last year.
     I started with an unprimed hardbord box from Ampersand.  First step was to prime with Zinsser123 grey primer and paint the box black. Next I rolled on two coats of Wunda Size gold leaf sizing. Then applied distressed silver leaf metallic foil with a scrub pad and removed the cellophane backing. A satin leveling clearcoat was brushed on and blown dry. Lusterstone metallic plaster was troweled through a decorative stencil, blow dried and then stained a bit darker. Last step for the night was to apply a gloss self-leveling clear over the entire box. 
   Today I will add the butterfly to the area I left open. 

Appying Foil
Applying metallic plaster
Day 1 end

No comments: