Sub Header

9th Annual Art-a-Day Challenge, January 2018!

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Glass Bead Gel

Restroom surface choices

Poor Picture of Queen Anne's Lace Metallic Plaster
It's been a busy week for me with this commercial project, several bids to do and the normal head of household duties. I have worked on some art every day but I'm finding the only time to blog is late and I'm worn out by then. I experimented with a new texture last night and I really don't like it. I'm going to have to overglaze it with a metallic.The design that goes over the texture is going to incorporate glass bead gel. The inspiration is from Melanie Royal's blog (owner of Modello Design, one of the faux schools I've been to):
http://designamour.com/2007/11/13/bead-dazzled/. I've had the beads for over a year and am dying to try them out.You can get them at Michaels. They are clear beads and the medium dries clear so it adds a little sparkle especially over metallics.You can also tint the medium.

3 comments:

Lapoynte said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lapoynte said...

Wow, it's interesting to hear about where art meets the real world.

Laura Gable said...

I agree with lapoynte! It is fun to see how you are applying your art to your work-life expression. The bathroom samples are yummy. That would be a fun upgrade in my own bathroom. hmmm!