Sub Header

9th Annual Art-a-Day Challenge, January 2018!

Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year...New Opportunities

Can't wait to get this new year started and there's no more positive way than with the momentum Art-a-Day provides. This is only my third New Year's participating in Art-a-Day and just want to encourage those who might be hesitant to participate because they feel they might, at their best, be sporadic in their blogging abilities, DO IT ANYWAY!!. Though I admit I started out in that position this blog and all the wonderful artists in it will inspire you to keep moving forward. And it is really a great group to be moving forward with. Thank you Bobi for letting us cheat and start a wee bit early as the enthusiasm "pre-race" is just too much to keep contained. My "artspace" walls are covered with inspirational quotes. When I feel any discouragement or energy-drain coming on I wander over and just start reading and it always kicks me in the butt back in a positive direction.

I would like to share one of my favorites by Thomas Merton,
"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time."

Happy New Years to all, Alice Beckstrom

No comments: