Sub Header

9th Annual Art-a-Day Challenge, January 2018!

Saturday, January 31, 2009

tile

Does the tile I am setting in a woman's bathroom count as art? I didn't make the tile. I tried to talk her into that but she wanted commercial tile. Can't blame her but with the additions of diverse material into my clay there seems to be a real improvement in the dry strength and shrinkage of my tile with very little warpage. I might try to make larger tile in the future. 4" is very reliable, assuming I don't drop one while loading the kiln. With shower tile the larger the better. The thin set and moose milk wabi basin is started. If it works I'll bring it in March. Speaking of clay I think it was the sculptor Constantine Brancussi who reportedly had a clay that could be fired by the cubic foot. Wouldn't that be nice. Pat

No comments: