Sub Header

9th Annual Art-a-Day Challenge, January 2018!

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Day 7 Shocking Karline

This odd sketch resulted today when I ran across a few lines of a sketch I guess was started when Reese, my six year old Grandson and I were drawing together over Christmas.  We love to draw together when we get the chance.  I had just gotten these great  twistable colored pencils Dave LaPointe had told me about and we were having a ball.  When I ran across the hideous few lines, I had to finish the drawing for some reason.  It turned out to be very liberating.  Knowing that I couldn't make it any worse, I was completely free to do whatever came to me.  No worrying about the finished result. It was rather exhilarating.  I think I may have gotten a glimpse of how the arrogant Picasso may have felt when he was making some of his Lithographs.  I think he just didn't really care what anyone thought, he just painted what he wanted to . I hope I can capture that feeling more often. - Ed

No comments: