Sub Header

9th Annual Art-a-Day Challenge, January 2018!

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Clearly I've been a total slacker here!

Plenty of valid excuses but nothing truly preventing me if I were committed. Like I said..., *slacker*.

I don't consider myself much of a drawer but I can do passable when I try.  At least enough for my basic needs.  Some of my favorite jewelry pieces are from random sketchbook doodles.  
So, that's my plan when I get off the computer.  I will draw.  

I posted the brooches here earlier with the Dominos Jewelry - now including the initiating doodle.  I plan to make the single heart on a stick one as well.  Maybe call it The Red Balloon?   :)
Image result for the red balloon movie
I'll find the original doodle for the one below tomorrow when I brave my studio..."Baby it's cold outside!"  I doodled it years before but built it during the time of the New Orleans flood so it's titled Flood Waters.  I'm eager to find the original doodle because I think I stayed pretty true to the sketch.  Tomorrow - I will post something totally new - I promise!

Sketch is tough to see but pretty much pulled it off!

2 comments:

patti said...

Bobi, you ain't no slacker LADY!
Read the Painter's Keys, "Winging it" Robert Genn
PS:" While in the process of executing an idea, creativity happens not with one brilliant flash but in a chain reaction of many tiny sparks." (R. Keith Sawyer)
I love your sketches, ideas, "Red Balloon", very artistic, thank you for bringing us into your process.

felicia follum said...

I love these compositions!! So beautiful!