Sub Header

9th Annual Art-a-Day Challenge, January 2018!

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Day 6 January 6th.

I spent the day doing all those art things that I find so hard but are required.  Cutting frame pieces.  Breaking glass for the pieces. I do mean breaking as opposed to cutting as I usually get one piece for every two I attempt.  I am getting better though.  Cutting foam board and or cardborad to back the pieces, getting mats to make the pieces look a little more finished. . Repair all the damage I do to my art transporting it to and from.  Odd how it is so not what I think of when art is the topic, but it is inescapable.  Like unknown and his preparation of stretched canvas, linen / muslin / screens.  I bought a new table saw and spent two hours setting it up to get square corners.  I have learned that precision is not a strength of mine.  I guess I'm trying to resolve within myself that it is all part of the process of suffering for the art! - Ed

No comments: