Sub Header

9th Annual Art-a-Day Challenge, January 2018!

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Golden Hour

Today I decided to get out of the house and breathe some fresh air, so, naturally I ended up at a coffee shop. While breathing in sweet coffee bean fumes I browsed through the art magazines and found this little gem. It's called Blue Canvas and it's only been around for two years. This was its 7th edition and the pages were full of beautiful images and knowledgeable interviews with artists of many mediums. The Coffee, the magazine, the relaxed atmosphere, yes that was a golden hour.

While I was there I sketched out another mini portrait, this time of a robot. Robots again, I think I'm seeing a pattern. I'm not very happy with it, and I think I'll re-work it heavily. As heavily as you can re-work a 2"x2" canvas, that is.


While walking to work today I spotted this interesting stretch of crumbling and worn away cement. I thought that the erosion was so beautiful that I snapped a photo for future reference.
As an artist its important to gather your own reference photos for ownership purposes.


Beauty in the most unlikely of places!
Stay Artsy,
~Sarah Bosserman


No comments: