Sub Header

9th Annual Art-a-Day Challenge, January 2018!

Friday, February 4, 2011

Technicolor Castle

Hello!
Have you ever watched one of those lovely technicolor movies from the 50's?
I remember watching my first one and being thrilled by the exaggerated yellows, blues and reds. Such vibrant color often pared with striking set design! The other day I caught a bit of Singing in the Rain on TCM, and found myself longing to create such a striking visual.
After letting the colors brew in my head a few days, I sat down and drew this out.
Mind you, it isn't finished yet, i still have much more color and pattern to add. Despite it's half finished state though, you can already tell that this is not going to be an ordinary castle.
Nope, i don't go for the gray castles under their grey sky's in their grey swamps. No! I like mine to be Technicolored!






Why paint it grey when it could be pink or orange?
Stay Artsy,
~Sarah Bosserman

No comments: