Sub Header

9th Annual Art-a-Day Challenge, January 2018!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Green House Progress and a Bit of Alice

I got so much work done on my Green House painting today.
With my music blasting and pallet in hand I hashed out the beginning layers of the sky. Later I'll add more blue low lights and orange-ish highlights to give the rolling space clouds more definition. After I finish the sky I can move on to the metal casing of the green houses and the tree silhouettes.


After working on my painting and with my students, I came home to a surprise Valentines Day package from my sweet Aunt Kristina. Inside I found Dove Chocolates (Does she know me or what?) and an Alice in Wonderland Liv Doll! I was so happy to get a doll, I haven't received one since age 8, and after all.. are you truly ever to old to have one? I plan to keep it on my shelf next to my copies of Alice in Wonderland. For years I have loved the classic story. So full of rich description and imagination, I collect old editions and modern ones for the beautiful illustrations. Lewis Carroll's tale has been a huge source of inspiration for my art. You can see some of my "Alice" inspired art here and here.


She's beautiful!!
Thanks Aunt Kristina!!
Stay Artsy,
~Sarah Bosserman

No comments: