Sub Header

9th Annual Art-a-Day Challenge, January 2018!

Friday, January 15, 2010

Day 9, 13, 14 (laura gable)

  • DAY 14: Painted the area in the middle bottom of the painting. This one continues to evolve (30x40inches).
  • DAY 13: The right side of the canvas is filled in, and the face is transforming toward a softer form (a Botticelli "Birth of Venus" sort of visage). I felt the painting needed a spot of rest to calm the active edges. It may all yet change as it's evolution continues.
  • DAY 9: Progression on a large canvas that's been hanging around the studio far too long (please, ignore the lamp in the lower left corner).

5 comments:

Chell said...

I am a big fan of your color palette. Most the work I do is just a few colors but what I collect is brightly colored works like the two of yours I have and the teapot print by Rastovich. Very interesting indeed.

Bobi Wilson said...

This looks very cool in your shop. The sign in the window says "Closed" but the light trained on the picture in the dark corners of the studio is very compelling. Nice staging.

Laura Gable said...

Staging advice gained from having LuAnn as a neighbor, briefly.
Thanks Chell, I love your taste and color palette, too.

Jan Watson said...

Interesting direction. I did like the mystery man in the first rendition, sunglasses especially. The new direction is intriguing.

Bobi Wilson said...

"..needed a spot of rest to calm the active edges" I love that you can discern that.