Sub Header

9th Annual Art-a-Day Challenge, January 2018!

Friday, January 8, 2010

First project near completion


I consider today a perfect day because I was able to spend most of the day working on this project. I just have to sand out some imperfections in the clear coat and seal it again tomorrow. It's a lot more shimmery in real life and the butterfly a lot brighter. I found a couple of things I would like to change but it's already clear coated, so those imperfections are sealed in forever. Overall I'm happy with it. I'm not sure if these challenges are a good thing, since once I get started everything goes by the wayside! I did at least get out of my robe and shower.

4 comments:

Bobi Wilson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bobi Wilson said...

Oh yes, yes, that curious and lovely dilemma - get dressed, tend to life - or keep having way fun working on the project?
And with work is delightful!

Lu Ann said...

Very nice!!

Laura Gable said...

The color you chose for the butterfly is stellar. You have a fine eye for color, detail and pattern. It is quite compelling.