Sub Header

9th Annual Art-a-Day Challenge, January 2018!

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Scrolling Along

This ole scroll project has continued for almost a month. Some day are proving interesting, like yesterday's collage and colored pencil piece shown here. I'm finding I get a sense of "accomplishment" and "completion" with each day's effort. My days fill with this added thread of creativity… in addition to my other paintings. Delightful!! It's like doing "morning pages" (from the Artists' Way) but with color and glue, rather than unbridled words.

So for the others that are doing, or contemplating a project like this ... I'll be curious to hear your feedback. I think it easily could be done in a book format as well.
"Day 27", collage with colored pencil on scroll. I added prose onto the faces. I like having words represented in these.

3 comments:

Annette Bouchey said...

Love this collage...so free and interesting!

Laura Gable said...

Thanks Annette. Remember those free magazines we picked up from the Richland Library … these were in the WSJ magazine. Lots of nice photography in there.

a woman who is said...

Patti is doing a scroll on Amon Basin. I saw it today at the sketchers meeting. I think I was hooked ;)
Looks like you are having a great time even with out the sun!