Sub Header

9th Annual Art-a-Day Challenge, January 2018!

Monday, January 4, 2016

A bridge gets me nowhere

I organized, again, my arty stuff, and discovered dozens pad of lesser grade, cheap watercolor paper, which I bought years back at the beginning of my art journey. I intended to practice hard by using them up quickly; obviously I greatly overestimated my commitment. Now I am using one, Art Pro 140#, that I got at CBC Bookstore, to try Deniel Smith's masking fluid, and pretty disappointed with it like I mentioned on day one.

With this experiment, I combined three photos, (then, I got the perspectives wrong) and tried to not paint every detail, etc.. The paper wrinkled, and the color is muddied; I just wanted to tear it up. Then I heard my dear teacher in my heart...finish it, Jean. I'll finish it no matter what, and then do another one, hopefully a better one. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that is positively awesome Jean!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris said...

It sure comes across well. Love it!