Sub Header

9th Annual Art-a-Day Challenge, January 2018!

Saturday, January 9, 2016

" Wish Me Luck Sunday"

"WISH ME LUCK"
Sunday Lord of Life Lutheran children will be getting a demonstration from me.
I am going to show them how to paint hearts in watercolor.
The age group is 6- high school and it is aprox. 45 minutes.
I got student grade watercolor paper and a 21 color palette that will similar
to beginner level palette.   The drawing is done in pencil with various cookie cuter shapes and then out lined in sharpie.  After sharpie out line dries we erase the pencil drawing.  The brushes are plastic handled and can take a lot of washing.  I have used them for several summers at various summer workshops.  At the end they will write a prayer over the painting or maybe along the edge of the painting.
I am really happy I don't have to use this watercolor palette.
It is very chalky but it will be fine for the kids.
Gail Roadhouse
full time artist / instructor
urbansketcher 

2 comments:

Bobi Wilson said...

What a cool thing. Good luck!

Unknown said...

Thank you Bobi I will let you know.