Sub Header

9th Annual Art-a-Day Challenge, January 2018!

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Best Laid Plans

I really wanted to make something today.  Didn't matter what really, just wanted to have made something.  Instead I spent a whole lot of time engineering this piece I want to do.  It's another small box.  This one with a hinged lid with a window and inside will be two different aspects of an ocean scene, above the water and below.  It's multi-layered, the watch glass is curvy, I want to build in the ability to take it apart for cleaning an repair and I want to include a simple (though not so simple to me) mechanism to animate the underwater scene.  Can't do this one on the fly.  Have to design and figure it out on paper.  Too many variables for this little hound dog. 
pawing through scraps and possibilities.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! so much thought, so much work. I cannot wait to see the finished piece.

Bobi Wilson said...

me too!

Terrie said...

Holy moly - this is lots more complex than my manipulated computer pics or even watercolor. Moving parts, etc. - mind boggling. Wish I could see it too. Will have to get to your side of the mountains some time soon to get the real tour of your studio!

Bobi Wilson said...

I know it can be done but the learning curve of has me balky. I want the figuring out and the learning so will perceive it as I would digging out a root ball. Nothing for it but to start hacking away at it.