Sub Header

9th Annual Art-a-Day Challenge, January 2018!

Friday, January 21, 2011

Hmmm

Came down with Bronchitis and a nasty sinus infection. This has hindered the physical making of art. However, I have been learning much from YouTube videos on certain aspects of metal forming. I think I have found a new love in form folding. While I haven't had the opportunity to make anything yet, I am astounded at what can happen when you take metal, heat it, bend it, hammer it and allow it to take a natural organic shape. I see this as a long time experiment that I am going to be doing. Once my strength and breathing is back to normal, I am finding this special hammer and doing it!!

4 comments:

Bobi Wilson said...

I've been reading your fb messages and aching for you. Glad to know you are on the upswing. Please remember to take the time to truly recover!
Is it Charles Lewis-Brain you're watching for the fold forming? Eager to see what you create!

Bobi Wilson said...

What is the "special" hammer?

Fort Logan Designs said...

I don't know the name of it, but instead of being round like a ball peen, it's straight across, but all round down so it looks like a long oval? My chasing hammer won't work and neither will the riveting hammer work. Once is too round, the other is too angular. I think I am looking for a raising hammer. Got one I could borrow? :D

Bobi Wilson said...

I wish I did have one. I wonder if one could be fashioned from a hardware store hammer. hey - there is a hardware store in Seattle that has a lot of jeweler tools, U-District, can't think of the name, old, funky, want-to-spend-the-day-disneyland kind of hardware store. Good prices on tools.