Sub Header

9th Annual Art-a-Day Challenge, January 2018!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wow, what a day...

I've heard it advised to "not share while it's still bleeding".  It was geared toward speakers and presenters to not use their own life lessons with which to teach until the pain of it was thoroughly complete.  I think it good advice so will keep quiet about my day - EXCEPT -
  - when making something seems to be impossible -it must be time to UN-MAKE something!

I have a thing for disassembling cameras.  The better the camera the better the ride. It's like mining for gold and gems. There are so many FLIPPING cool parts!

Today it was a Sony DSC S85 (remember my mentioning my camera wasn't working?).  Worth maybe $10 on ebay.  To me, priceless fun and treasures.

I'm particularly fond of the lenses that look like they should magnify but instead make things recede.  I used some in a BookArt piece called, Finding Time.  The more you try to find it the more it tends to get away from you.

I'm excited to see how this treasure trove of gears, switches, lenses, reflectors and refractors will translate someday.

8 comments:

Sarah Bosserman said...

I'm so glad that someone else thinks such silly things as the inside of a camrera can hold little treasures! I love following your nearly microscopic journeys Bobi :)

Lapoynte said...

Thanks for the show.

Anonymous said...

ohhhh, cool. My mouth is watering!!

Jan Watson said...

Something I might have done years ago but now I realize I lost my curiosity and nerve to go for it! I might try to visualize what was inside but to actually take it apart! Wow! Thanks for nudging my curiosity and be bold enough to take it apart and look at the possibilities! Kids always do the things like that, we older people keep our inner child in the playpen! We need to renew and awaken our inner child and never lose the curiosity!

Terrie said...

I would never in a million years think of taking apart a camera - even one that didn't work! And look at all the great pieces!! Lucky you. Though I don't know quite what I'd do with them so it's better that you have them. Can't wait to 'find' them in a project you concoct.

Fort Logan Designs said...

I love how your mind works Bobi! It's always an interesting journey you embark on!

Bobi Wilson said...

Oh what joy it is having adventurers along on the journey! Thanks everyone.
And remember, if you're thinking of tossing that mechanical treasure consider leaping in to it's inner world - or send it to me! :)
By the way - those cheapy Vivitars and the like? not worth the time. Well, maybe for a lens or two.

Laura Gable said...

I will take my 2 old vivitars out of my box to go to Goodwill, and give them to you.