Sub Header

9th Annual Art-a-Day Challenge, January 2018!

Monday, January 17, 2011

On Monday nights I take an art class.
Tonight we did small water colors of what we're afraid of.
I decided to take an unusual approach to this exercise. I wanted to paint something fictional, so, I made the Kraken, a giant sea monster from a book I read.
Here's a small peek from my work on the Green-House painting.
I've decided to repaint the sky first. I'm working from the bottom up with a blue glow on the horizon. I'll expand that glow so it has a more even shading into the black sky, but today this is as far as I got. If you look at the bottom of this photo, you can see my tiny sky color study.
It's kind of cute next to it's huge cousin.


1 comment:

Bobi Wilson said...

Even your Kraken has a Friendly Giant-ness about him! Kippy, the friendly Kraken. :)