Sub Header

9th Annual Art-a-Day Challenge, January 2018!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Green Houses, Google Sketch and a Rascal

After such a positive experience with my last Google Map experiment, I went and did it again!
I wondered around Spain for awhile, but somehow found myself back in France.
This hotel D'Europe is located at 4 Rue de Limas, Avignon France.


This is the Green House painting I worked so "vigorously"
on last night. As you can see I've decided to move in a different direction with the
glass domes. I was sitting in front of the old yellow one(s) thinking about how much I loathed the cheesy yellow when I was suddenly hit by a novel idea.
Green Houses, they should be green shouldn't they?
So full of living green and misty air, why couldn't they?

This photo represents about an hour and a half of quick brushwork. I wanted the colors to
be smoothly blended. None of that dry brushing. this wasn't an easy feat using quick
drying Acrylics, but it was well worth the effort.
Later I'll add the exo-skeleton of black iron, but now I have a satisfying inner
color, and maybe I'll add some plant silhouettes.


I'll send you all off with this somewhat graceful photo of my
sweet puppy, Rascal.

Stay Artsy
~Sarah Bosserman

2 comments:

Jim Bumgarner said...

Sarah, you might be interested in this site: http://virtualpaintout.blogspot.com/. I participated for a while but I found I was spending a lot of time trying to find something I found interesting enough to draw/paint for his site. Your "virtual" trip to France reminded me of it. Beautiful dog!

Laura Gable said...

you are having fun! Love the greenhouse and your explanation of your technique. Rascal is a cutie.