Sub Header

9th Annual Art-a-Day Challenge, January 2018!

Friday, January 14, 2011

Miniature #9

So the mini portrait quest continues. I love the angular cheek bones and the lips on this subject. The eyes were almost entirely in shadow, but unfortunately my photo isn't the best quality. The wet oil paint really glares there. Will shoot again in a few days once it has a chance to dry ... just wanted to get something published. I love the play of dark and light on this subject, and so am expressing that value contrast here.

2 comments:

Sarah Bosserman said...

This incredible! I think its my favorite of your portrait series. So, beautiful. I love the blue reflected(?) light on her lower left cheek. Good use of color!

Lisa Hill said...

Your mini portraits are really amazing! The expression in each is so intriguing. Love the colors and the angles of cheek and jaw. The reflections around the eyes look like tears.