Sub Header

9th Annual Art-a-Day Challenge, January 2018!

Thursday, January 13, 2011

First Acrylic Modigliani

I've been itchin' to get up to the space I rent at the "509 Artspace" for a about a month. This lousy Sketchbook Project I've been working on is something that can be done anywhere, and it's been filling all my "art" time, but it's kaput now; so today, I was able to spend some quality time working on projects I more fully enjoy.

The thing the sketchbook project gave me though was an interest in Modigliani, as some of you may know. All the ones I've done have been watercolored on thin, waxy, paper.

This is one acrylics on gessoed gatorboard. Now, I'm not much with acrylics, and this isn't quite finished yet, but I spent a pretty good portion of my day working on it.

acrylics on gatorboard

2 comments:

Lapoynte said...

Nice work Modigarner!

Laura Gable said...

Nice Expressiveness there Jim B.
One night I slept like that and my neck really hurt. Yet she has a quality that makes the neck angle appear graceful and poised. Good job!