Sub Header

9th Annual Art-a-Day Challenge, January 2017!

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Jewelry makin' fool!

I went all out today and worked on the coolest piece! It was an experiment in the making. Taking my new and wonderful disc cutter, I made a copper washer, off set. Then cut out a silver disc that was the same as the inside of the copper area. I filed it until it was a perfect fit and then I soldered it. then I filed that down until you could no longer see a seam. I domed the silver inward a bit and added some copper dots I made. This will have a hidden bail made out of tubing to complete it. It was so much fun to play around and push myself a bit further.

I also finished my poppy ring, made another pendant and started a chunky bracelet. Just need to add the leather for the straps. Whoo! Good day in the studio! :D

3 comments:

Chell Design said...

Good for you!

BobiWilson said...

Love those feeling good productive days. Woohoo! Eager to see your "marriage of metals"

Laura G said...

Wendy you are having so much fun, it appears. Can't wait to see what all this metal molding will look like.