Sub Header

9th Annual Art-a-Day Challenge, January 2018!

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Beginning with Failure


2015 has arrived and with it the official failure of my trusty printer.  Over the past few years it has been a real workhorse not only for my business, but also for my volunteer organizational work in the community.  I knew it would happen someday, and that day has come.  My constant companion can no longer print black.  I changed the cartridge yesterday and when that failed to resolve the problem, I took the printer carriage out and carefully cleaned it and let it dry overnight.  This morning I ran a test using our family Christmas letter, which includes this image.  When I saw it, I experienced that genuine involuntary facial response that often inspires my work.  What's wrong with not having any black at the start of a brand new year . . . Why not paint a self portrait in all radiant colors?  2015, here I come!

1 comment:

Bobi Wilson said...

Love those brilliant awareness moments. Looking forward to see how you express it!