Sub Header

9th Annual Art-a-Day Challenge, January 2018!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Mini Portrait #4 --After Theodore Gericault

Well even with a slanty head, pale skin, soul patch, and Kramer-like hair, he does resemble this master's painting just a bit...you just have to tilt your head and squint a bit too in order to see the similiarities. (I didn't load the original, but if you really want to see it you can click here). I thought it might be fun to do some recreations of master painters' portraits as part of my mini portrait journey. These little guys are time consuming. I may yet need to stray to do something fun as well as challenging ... like free sketching, or making zombies or something. (smile). Anyway it's all good. Art creation will heal the world!

4 comments:

Jim Bumgarner said...

Great portrait, Laura! I really like those eyes, and I know what you mean about squinting...with some of mine you actually have to close your eyes. lol

Laura Gable said...

now that's some major squinting. That's funny - gave me a chuckle, it sure did!

Bobi Wilson said...

How fun to switch back and forth with yours and his image and appreciate the Laura-esque approach. I think your guy hasn't had quite as hard a life or seen as many hard things as the original fellow.

Lisa Hill said...

Closing your eyes all the way is call "dreaming". Dream away!