Sub Header

9th Annual Art-a-Day Challenge, January 2018!

Monday, January 10, 2011

Sketchbook Project: Re-Draw of Last Summer's Gas Pumps

Ok, so I'm getting a bit desperate to find something interesting to put into my Sketchbook Project before it has to be postmarked on Jan. 15th. This is a complete re-draw of an earlier sketch I did last summer when we went into a friend's backyard to sketch his old gas pumps.

The three closest to the viewer were based on actual gas pumps. At that point in the drawing I'm thinking, there needs to be something to tie these things together. That's when I realized that once you draw three or four old gas pumps they get fairly easy to make-up. So all the others are figments of my imagination.

Even in this redraw there are pumps that do not exist in the original.

watercolor, pigma micron inks, cheap moleskine

2 comments:

Lapoynte said...

The colors are pumped up on this on.

Bobi Wilson said...

These are so flipping delightful!!!