Sub Header

9th Annual Art-a-Day Challenge, January 2018!

Thursday, January 19, 2012

daylight studio, steampunk hearts



This is for Jim, studio daylight view.  Didn't want you fretting that I worked in a dismal cave.  :) 
I have an old turn-of-the-(other) century photo album of empty pages that I'm experimenting with for the Valentine cards.  Still roughing out the design but think they'll work out suitably funky and period appropriate too!  The zigsaw cut outs work fairly well as functional closures - cool!.

5 comments:

Laura Gable said...

It's a very cozy space and with the innovative plastic divider, even more so. You have the bubble boy vibe going on there.

cool way to evolve the valentine's card to the next level.

Lara said...

I love the Valentine's card idea for puzzle pieces. My own are going to be bits and pieces punched out of photo prints...if they ever arrive. =P I accidentally selected "mail" instead of "pick up at store" with my Costco prints. I am still not sure how I managed to let that sneak past me.

Terrie said...

Looking great! And what a roomy studio space - lots of room for thinking, creating, spreading out! Love those jigsaw hearts!

Lapoynte said...

It's a great space so I'm giving you an 8 out of 10; -but I'm also deducting 2 points for it being too neat.

Bobi Wilson said...

Dave, I can take a shot from another angle and take care of that misunderstanding.
I considered calling these the "you complete me" series but too much mini-me and Dr Evil.