Sub Header

9th Annual Art-a-Day Challenge, January 2018!

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Orchid #2 and a Glider Sketch



Art has happened nearly every day - posting has not. Reminds me of my vegetable gardening - love to grow 'em, then put off the harvesting 'til "tomorrow". Luckily, the art doesn't turn to cardboard like the green beans do.

Anyway, Orchid #2 is finished for the tryptich - Cattleya, Florist's Orchid.









I didn't officially participate in the World-wide Sketch Crawl, but maybe I'm dipping my toes in the water for the next one.
This started out as a pencil sketch, then colored with watercolor. It seemed a little ho-hum until the black fine-point Sharpie came out and dressed up the lines.

6 comments:

Kat W said...

Wow - your paintings jump out of the page with tactile realism. So clever & beautiful!

Kat :-)

Lara said...

BEAUTIFUL! I'm in awe.

Shelley said...

Stunning orchid painting - such a fresh look. Really beautiful...

Jim Bumgarner said...

Love your work, Lisa.

Bobi Wilson said...

Stunning. love the subtle colors

Terrie said...

Just amazing orchid painting. Who knew there were so many shades of green?