Sub Header

9th Annual Art-a-Day Challenge, January 2018!

Saturday, January 21, 2012

"EDM #21: Draw Something Old, Antique, or Vintage"

Since the challenge today was to draw something "old, antique, or vintage," I should have done a self-portrait as I was born on this day in 1946.  You do the math, I find it too depressing..:-)

I chose to sketch this doll that my wife has had for a long time.  It was her grandmother's cousin who stored it in a flour barrel when she moved west with her family in a covered wagon, we think sometime early 1900's. 

The doll is a pre-Civil War doll though, so it is definitely, "old."  Actually, a few years older than me.

Today was also the "34th World Wide Sketchcrawl Day" where drawers and sketchers all over the world sketched, in spirit, together.  Since the weather sort of messed up our outing, I'm going to count this as one my "WWSketchcrawl sketches." 

2 comments:

Bobi Wilson said...

You know "60 is the new 40", Jim. You're just getting warmed up!
These stories, histories and commentaries along with the sketches are so rich. Thank you!

Jim Bumgarner said...

Yeah, but what is the new "66?" I feel like a route now.