Sub Header

9th Annual Art-a-Day Challenge, January 2018!

Monday, January 30, 2012

2 Finished Paintings

Well Art-A-Day coming to a close (but seriously everyone, should just keep arting and creating) I have enjoyed seeing all the art, the sketches, the Valentines stuff, the jewelry the digital art, the whales.. Etc. It's been great, you are all gifted.
    Well I didn't get a lot done, but as of tonight these two main pieces are finished for the most part, a few small things. I got distracted Saturday after buying a smart phone (of which I am not smart enough to use, hence I accidentally called someone Sunday night while at Famous Daves. Didn't even know I made a call till 20 hours later.. LOL sorry Bobi... )  Anyway, tonight, Monday I have two finished paintings.  The square one is "Dreamcatcher 5"  24 x24  Acrylic, the other is "Space Cave 5" (unless someone has better title) it is 24 x 30 Acrylic. We will see what I get done on Tuesday :))  I added the bridge and the whole bottom part, I got so involved I forgot to stop and photograph. :)  Then added some ivy and more planets in the Dreamcatcher. Of which the Bright orange one in front of the window will be toned down a tad.


7 comments:

Laura Gable said...

Greg, I like that you left the vortex in the top one. It's a bit calming ... or possibly hypnotizing. If you spin it in a circle, bet you could lull someone into deep hypnotic state. "you need to buy this painting, you need to buy this painting"

What is the story behind these? I'm always curious what happens in your mind while you create.

Terrie said...

The lower window one is mesmerizing - I imagine all sorts of stories.... love the spill of wave over the window frame.

Bobi Wilson said...

Yes - what they said. So amazing to see it come together. love there is always (I think) mix of detail and well, spacey-ness. By that I mean a less defined, amorphous, real-ish or implied potential while at the same time steps I can feel my feet stepping on or water I can hear. Concrete and implied at the same time.
That probably doesn't make sense...

Lara said...

I love the bottom painting, Greg. I need to see that one in person.

Lapoynte said...

These are two good ones Greg and I owe you $5 for the lunch.

Greg Ashby said...

Thanks all.. :) (David you don't owe me for lunch LOL, it was fun,)

Sometimes I don't have a story or why this happened. mostly it's just an image to portray to take one to another world, kind of like an artistic spit take.

Jim Bumgarner said...

Ok, I know what a "chicken weighs" (remember the old joke?), but what is an "artistic spit take"?