Sub Header

9th Annual Art-a-Day Challenge, January 2018!

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Taste The Rainbow

Today I was determined to make progress and have something worth sharing. Next week I'll be traveling so expect lots of "Post-It-Note" art and quick sketches.
Until then though, here's what I'm working on.
The Josie painting, as I've dubbed it, is coming along really well.
Basically, i paint with whatever color happens to be closest to me. Lazy, yes, but also effective in adding interest.



While I painted today I listened
to Wolfmother (think 21st century Van Halen... but better).
Something about crazy 70's inspired rock keeps my painting lose and instinctual. All my best art has been assisted by some form of music.
Whenever painting, I tend to "nest" as seen below.


Stay Artsy & DFTBA

Sarah Bosserman



7 comments:

Laura Gable said...

she is loominous... (sp?)
And also I love that you are inspired by Klimpt's "Kiss" in the open book. She's off to a fabulous start.

Jim Bumgarner said...

If you like Gustav, I'm wondering if you have discovered Egon Schiele yet?

Lapoynte said...

Very bold Sarah, -and very good!

Terrie said...

I'm loving how this is progressing - and the size! Sheesh, it's great!

Greg Ashby said...

I love the painting. It's great. But the photo I love the best is the one with the painting (showing the size) against all the other stuff to show scale. The paints, the 'puter, the make shift work table (aka chair).. etc. :)

Sarah Bosserman said...

Thank you all for commenting. ^_^ I have my sister to thank for this painting, she is such a great model, and person. ^_^

Bobi Wilson said...

This is so fun. i so like you guys.