Sub Header

9th Annual Art-a-Day Challenge, January 2018!

Sunday, January 29, 2012

"Mo' Sketchin'"

This group of ladies came in, sat down, got organized, got their coffee, pulled out their Kindles, or whatever, and started discussing the latest read.  I thought about eavesdropping on the conversation for no other reason that to catch the title of the book; but I was groovin' on my ear pods and decided it didn't really matter. 

Book Club/Koffee Klatchers

 Found this exquisite ballet dancer in "Art of the West" magazine, jan/feb 2011/2012, issue, page 54.  She was created by Andre Kohn and I couldn't resist transferring her over into my sketchbook.  Had quite a bit of trouble with that right foot, but I swear on a stack of art mags that's the way ol' Andre had it positioned.  I should of changed it. Next time.     


"la Petite Danseuse" oil 19"x9"
 

2 comments:

Laura Gable said...

I had a hankering to go to the bookstore this am, and wondered if you'd be there.

Love the petit dancer. Wonder if it is the same pose from the famous Degas painting where her little feet were a bit splayed out. Lovely sketches, Mr Jim.

Deborah said...

Great job on the book club ladies. I wouldn't worry about the foot, have you even taken a ballet class. Those ballerina feet get into some funny positions.