Sub Header

9th Annual Art-a-Day Challenge, January 2018!

Monday, January 30, 2012

working in layers

My first mixed media project on 15 x 20 watercolor paper using watercolors, acrylics, stencils, stamps, markers, oil pastels, inktense watercolor pencils, a bic whiteout pen and whatever else came to hand.



Wanted to color block it but the blue ... oh the blue .... really BAD idea and normally I would have trashed it, but I'm working on keeping going, working through mistakes or things I don't like, so....



Added some black and white to bring out details and am pleasantly surprised.  Detail shots:




Lovin' all those layers and textures!

Although I didn't post something every day this month, I did work on something creative every day.  Once again this place proved invaluable in getting me jump started for the year after the holiday lull.  It's such a positive, supportive group - I really appreciate all the time folks took to leave comments and encouragement.  Here's to a productive, creative 2012 for all of us!

5 comments:

Bobi Wilson said...

This is amazing! I would so love to do this with you, learn the gift/art of layering.

Lara said...

The bottom one of leaves is amazing.

Lapoynte said...

Great work!

Greg Ashby said...

very painterly and colorful

Jim Bumgarner said...

Very nice compositions, colors and style. Nice meeting you here, Terrie.