Sub Header

9th Annual Art-a-Day Challenge, January 2018!

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Lilypad - I hope!

This whole thing started out life as an out-of-circulation three-pence. I had absolutely no ideas in mind when I started out. Just wanted to see what would happen. So I ran it through my rolling mill, hammered it, annealed it, hammered it some more, and then the metal split. I looked at it a couple of different ways, and all of a sudden it said "Lilypad!" So I did a little snipping here and there, sanded, riveted on the flower (which I didn't make, just used), made the bail, riveted that on too, sanded the whole thing, and voila!

I think I need to get a Dremel. My husband is of the opinion that the texturing needs to look "more like I intended it to look that way." I'm still trying to figure that one out. I think he means I need to polish it more. OTOH, he didn't get the fact that I was deliberately mixing metals. Anyway. My bit of creativity for the day/week, odd and/or pointless as it is.





2 comments:

Terrie said...

I think it looks lovely and natural as it is. Who knows what men really mean when they offer their advice??? :)

Bobi Wilson said...

Looks great! I thought you said you didn't do rivets?!
And it's already sold - how wonderful!!