Sub Header

9th Annual Art-a-Day Challenge, January 2018!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

The 80/20 Rule

Photography is really 80% editing and only 20% shooting , and I've been neglecting my editing for some time now. So I'm currently addressing that and working on editing a ton of slides to see if I've missed any hidden gems. I especially enjoy this process.

This is a shot of the light table and loupe I use for editing.


Since these are slides, I can't just click and have the images appear on the screen, so I haven't seen these for a long time. I'm carried back to the place and time where each was captured, just like deja vu all over again. It's a great activity for this time of year when it's cold out and the light is flat.

This is one of the shots I've selected through this process. It was captured at the Wooden Boat Festival in Port Townsend a few years ago.



I'm also playing around with some other stuff. I have a new artsy lens for my camera called a Lensbaby Composer (it adds a strange blurred effect to part of the image) and have also been enjoying taking photos with my smartphone and using some of the artsy apps to process them. You may have seen this one on my Facebook page.



So there really is no shortage of material for me to explore, massage and present here in the next month. I'm looking forward to the opportunity and the challenge!

No comments: