Sub Header

9th Annual Art-a-Day Challenge, January 2018!

Monday, January 2, 2012

Next step...


I logged on and and in my procrastination to not post yet, hoping to come up with something as wonderfully creative as many of the other Art-A-Day artist's posts of today, I read through each and every one. So many great and creative posts of the day showing such talent. After seeing what great creativity can come out of a day I almost hesitate to post a picture when all I have is another pile of raw material. But this is what the day brought, sorting through another exploded door pulling out the long shards that will soon be bicycle spokes. But, that is one of the great things I love about this process, being able to see and appreciate "the process". Each step being as important as the next in the creation of the final artpiece. So, here is my work-of-the-day. And I end my day feeling quite confident that I am not the only one that sees bicycle spokes here. :0)

2 comments:

Bobi Wilson said...

Seeing a completed work is one thing, getting a gritty reality check on the messy, the tedious, the choices, the time, the exploration and the occasional blood letting is a whole 'nother thing. Love it!

Sarah Bosserman said...

I can't wait to see how this piece develops, I know nothing about glass work! Don't feel bad about the long prep time, as you said, it's all part of the mediums nature. :)