Sub Header

9th Annual Art-a-Day Challenge, January 2018!

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Telescope Evening Wear

I'm not really sure if this qualifies as art but it certainly was creative. My husband presented me with a problem he had and this was my solution. I was more than happy to oblige since he is my patron and muse.

The problem - how to keep ambient light from interfering with his views of the skies when using his telescopes on our apartment balcony. My solution - an evening gown for his hand built Dob telescope. This particular gown was originally intended for the larger telescope that's on the right in this picture, but there was a miscalculation of the circumference of the tube. I'm glad he had a smaller one I could practice on.
Here are some of the views I've enjoyed while peering through his telescopes. Saturn, the moon, and the Orion Nebula.

4 comments:

Jim Bumgarner said...

Pretty cool.

Greg Ashby said...

Love that Saturn.. :)

Laura Gable said...

I love your title - evening gowns for telescopes. haha
The moon is ghostly. Wow, these images really put our tiny insignificance into perspective, huh.

Bobi Wilson said...

Whoa! evening gowns and stars - how perfect is that?!