Sub Header

9th Annual Art-a-Day Challenge, January 2018!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Things I've Fiddled With Today

This is an in-process project. It's taking a long time because I'm not entirely sure what my end goal is with it, other than to preserve a vine maple leaf in jewelers' resin. All I really accomplished on this was to shave a little more excess cured resin off the twig area before I realized that a razor blade and my fingers in proximity of one another were not a good idea today. Luckily before I sliced myself open...




* * * * *


This is something I've been working on, very slowly, for the last couple of days. Sort of along the lines of the other necklace, only with red faceted beads instead of smooth white ones. Can we all see a theme yet? It's easy. Plus, I don't have to worry about everything sliding off the strand when I inevitably drop something.



Eventually, when I feel up to it again, I'm going to make a multi-strand necklace/bracelet set using this particular look-sorta-thingy, only utilizing gemstones and probably sterling silver wire. Got some garnet this would look lovely with, and maybe some iolite or peridot for contrast. Or, I dunno, maybe tanzanite and amethyst, in contrasting cuts and different grades of stone. I'll be making my own silver beads to add to this, as well. That's something I can do, thankfully.

2 comments:

Jim Bumgarner said...

I'm always drawn to red things.

Lara said...

Me too. I have some gorgeous rubies, but ... that's a different project. Maybe I should use some precious coral instead. That'd look really pretty.