Sub Header

9th Annual Art-a-Day Challenge, January 2018!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012




Here is what I have been working/playing with today. First, let me introduce TurtleDove Press, an antique 5x8 Kelsey table top printing press. I'm pretty new to the letterpress industry, but that doesn't dampen my enthusiasm any. Makes one humble in a hurry though. My project is to make some hand made, original art Valentine Day cards for all the love birds out there and to feature them in the studio for February First Thursday ArtWalk. This card is the first. I used ancient wood blocks mixed with lead type so the variation you see in inking is what you get when you do that. I don't mind...it looks sorta old and beloved to me.

2 comments:

Laura Gable said...

Lovely to see in person today. You are cranking them out by hand too, so building the muscles.

Terrie said...

I love this idea and project. The card design is excellent and the variation in the print definitely lends that hand made look. Very cool.