Sub Header

9th Annual Art-a-Day Challenge, January 2018!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Today's project: "Ode To My Stinky Feet"

...with apologies to Elizabeth Barrett Browning's "How Do I Love Thee?" and a shrug to wet shoes and winter:


How do I smell thee? Let me count the ways.
I smell thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soles can reek, e'en when tucked out of sight
Because of toe jam and athlete's foot.
I smell thee at the level of everyday's
Most desperate need, for sun and UV-light.
I smell thee freely, as men strive for Right (Guard);
I smell thee purely, as they turn from Joy (brand soap).
I smell thee in a fashion found
With my old briefs, and with my stinky socks.
I smell thee with a smell I thought to lose
With my last medicated foot powder, --- I smell thee with the breath,
Gasps, tears, of all my life! --- and, please God choose,
I shall not smell thee after death.


Yes, I am in a weird mood today. No comments about the inspiration (if one can call it that).