Sub Header

9th Annual Art-a-Day Challenge, January 2018!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

"EDM #11: Draw Your Sunglasses, or Glasses"

EDM Challenge #11 is to "draw your sunglasses, or glasses."  Since I figure that would be just a little bit uninteresting, I went online to find something else and found "steampunk goggles."  Don't ask how I discovered the term "steampunk" but somehow in my searching it popped up.

The one is very tame compared to many others which are adorned with watch-gears and springs, and jewelry and all sorts of interesting things.  Few of them are actually functional, I don't think anyway, and all are designed in the name of art.  So there you go, my "steampunks."

Someone locally must be making these because I've seen them displayed at "You & I Framing & Gallery."

6 comments:

MaryO said...

What a hoot! And very creative, isn't it?

Bobi Wilson said...

You came across steampunk because steampunk is everywhere! It's so 2010! :)

Lara said...

Yes, someone locally is making them. She does it with her dad, who makes the dichroic glass they're using in them. She's a friend of mine.

Melliott said...

Excellent choice! Right out of Leviathan. I'd like a pair...

Dan Kent said...

Excentric! Great drawing and love those shadows!

Cathy Holtom said...

They would certainly be fun to wear and much less boring than ordinary glasses!